Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Zero Calorie Cabbage Diet Soup

Today I'm going to make for you a cabbage soup which is adapted from the Cabbage Diet . The diet that makes youlose like 10 lbs a week. I don't follow that diet because I find it sort of unhealthy but I do make that soup and I make it plant based. So lets get started..!! To make this soup besides a cutting board and a sharp knife we need a whole head of cabbage.. I love garlic so I'm going to use a few cloves of garlic. And a smalll bunch of green onions and to this I will add a big can of organic fire roasted dicedtomatoes You can use fresh tomatoes. I prefer canned for its tangy taste in my soup. Next I will be using 3 medium sized onions. 


You can use any kind. Also I will be adding these beautiful bell peppers. They are slightly wrinkly but I don't care since I love to buy deals and these were organic, 3 for a $1. I had to buy them! The last thing among the vegetables is celery. I will use 6 stocks of celery. For some extra flavour I will be adding a whole box of organicvegetable broth and of course my trusty pink Himalayan salt Black pepper some red cayenne pepper and last but not the least, some Rasam powder. 


That's what adds some Indian flavor to my soup. and then begins the process of chopping and dropping all our spices and vegetables in a huge stock pot I'm using a 7 quart stock pot over here And to this pot of vegetables we will add fire roasted tomatoes vegetable stock Then I will add all the spices. Please make sure to check the discription box below for the measurements for all the ingredients. I also added some water to make sure there was enough water for my vegetables to cook in. And then I put a lid on it and take on the stove and turn it on high. Once it comes to a boil, I adjust the heat to a medium low and allow the vegetables tosoften and absorb all the spices nicely... Ummm...smells amazing! And here it is. 

This is what it looks like when it's all doneand ready to be eaten. This soup can be eaten any time you are hungry. Eat as much as you want, any time you want. This soup will not add calories. Actually, the more you eat, the more you lose! Eating too much of this soup to curb your hunger can result in malnutrition. So please make sure to eat healthybalanced diet with enough calories, like beans , fruits, nuts etc., to provide your body with required nutrition. So that was the recipe and I hope you will try to make this soup. The good part about this soup is it is plant based. If you are someone like me, who craves Indian flavor in the food, then this food has a hint of Indian flavor to it with the Rasam powder. It takes more calories to digest this soup therefore, you'r getting all the nutrition of the vegetables for your body and you don't have to work harder to burn the calories and who would not like that! So that's it guys! I hope you make this soup and you enjoy itasmuch as I do. I will see you next Monday again right here on It's a Goat's Life Until then, Bye!

I am just someone who likes to write,especially writing about diet programs. Thanks For Reading My Blog

 
Back To Top