Thursday, March 10, 2016

Why Your Workout Plan isn’t Working (HARSH TRUTH!!)

Today I'm going to get right here, in your face, talk man to man, give you the truth because you know there's one place you can come - I hope you know that by now - that you can come right here on this channel. I am not going to bullshit you. I'm going to tell you how it is, but I know it's going to make you better in the long run. Today I'm going to talk to you about results. You can take a look at that thumbnail and you're going to see two pictures on there. Both of me. You'll say "Well, there's not that much results there. I can't - maybe he's a little bit bigger. I'm not really sure." I can tell you I've made some small changes here even in this past year. 


I've gotten stronger. I've actually gotten more muscular - something you're not supposed to do at the age of 40. At least people will tell you that. Guys, don't despair. If you're over 40 you definitely have hope. But it's not that. That's not what I'm trying to show. What I'm trying to show is that those two pictures are actually taken 365 days apart, almost to the day. To me, that's progress because a lot of people watching this video right now already know - if you're a regular viewer of this channel - that wasn't just me 365 days ago, that was me 342 days ago. And 310 days ago. And 289 days ago. Any day you want to pick; that was me. I don't go up and down throughout the year. I practice what I preach and I preach to you what I know on this channel because I can get you into that same place. A lot of guys would kill to have that level of consistency and to be able to be there. I tell you what, when you get locked in, it's downright damn easy to do. 


It really, truly is because it becomes a lifestyle. You're not following and chasing leprechauns, as I say, looking for the latest trick and tactic and shortcut and all that bullshit. You're not looking for that. You are down the path to consistency because you're locked in. But getting there is the problem. I can tell you right now I know why. I know why a lot of guys can't get on that path to consistency. Even if you're going to the gym regularly, even if you follow my workouts and you're doing them - which I really congratulate you because guess what? There's a lot of lazy asses here on YouTube that will watch it and never do a damn thing with it and everybody who's doing that knows who they are. You know what? They don't feel good about that, but you've got to do something about it. It's okay to not feel good about it, but you've got to change your habits and start doing something about it. Even the guys that are consistently going and doing the workouts, there's one thing missing. There's one big level of commitment that you might be overlooking. 

That is the fact that even if you're doing an hour workout, there's one other thing that you may be overlooking. That is the most important. What are you doing in the other 23 hours of the day? 23 hour. That's a lot of damn time because 23 hours becomes 46 over two days, and 46 becomes 69, right? There's a lot of hours. If you add that up over the year there's a lot of time for you to do some serious damage. If you're not worried about what you're doing in those other 23 hours, or focusing on them. We all slip up there. I'm mostly talking about nutrition. There are a lot of things that you can do - a lot of styles of eating, diet plans, different things that you can do - with how you manipulate your intake of food that can help you to start losing weight right now. You know it. You've probably tried a bunch of them. If you're able to only do that for 23 hours and maybe you can string together two days, maybe you can string together two weeks, maybe you can string together two months; can you do two years? Can you do six years? Can you do 20 years? If you can't: fuck that shit. It's not going to help you get to where you need to be and where you could be. That is living at a level of consistency. Living there. It's your lifestyle. It's easy. 

You're locked in. It's not work for me anymore. I have to do my work. It's part of my life though. So it's not something that I really consider. I recently had twin boys. Some people on YouTube were projecting my doom. "Never will he be able to be in shape ever again." You know, as a father with responsibilities to his kids, and his wife, and his family, he'll be a fat ass very, very soon. Guess what, guys? It ain't going to fucking happen. You know why? Because it's part of my life. It's part of my life. I wouldn't feel right if I didn't do it. It's like showering for me. I don't go a day without showering and I don't go a day without at least doing something to make sure - even if it's not training - to make sure that I'm eating well to stay on that path to consistency. So you have to start realizing that amount of time is going to take another level of commitment. You commit yourself to get yourself to the gym. As I said, that is a noble thing. 

The fact that you can do that, I, personally, am very proud of the fact that you can get yourself to the gym and regularly get your work done. But there's another level of commitment that you've got to ratchet it up. It requires paying attention to those other 23 hours. You know right now - look at me right here. You know if you're not seeing those results that you think you deserve because you do regularly show up at the gym, guess what you're probably doing? You're probably not doing all that well in those other 23 hours. Maybe you're doing great in 20 of them, but you're screwing up on the other 3. That's enough to do enough damage to hold you back. But, if you can find a plan, whatever it is that works for you - I talk all the time, every single video I talk about ATHLEANX training system and how simplified I've made it. It's the exact same way that I eat. The exact same way. It's the exact same way that allows me to stay here every single day, 365 days a year, and do my videos and practice what I preach to you. I don't give you shit that I don't follow and practice myself. I give you the same advice. The same steps. The same simplicity and I build it in. It doesn't have to be that. If you don't want to follow the ATHLEANX training system, or the way our ATHLEANX meal plans and how we eat; fine. 

Find what works for you, but you'd better have one thing - and don't come back to me if it's not true - your thing better work for a lifetime. That is the only thing that's going to allow you to find the happiness and being able to stay locked in on your goals. Instead of feeling those ups and downs where half the year you want to hide yourself behind clothes and half the year you're excited to show it off - I know what time it is. I know and I see a lot of athletes do this. It's the time of year where people start wanting to show off a little bit. So they're trying to get rid of all the stuff they've done wrong over the last few months. How about if you never screwed up in the first place? How about if you enjoyed it every step of the way and were proud of the accomplishments that you have by maintaining that all year? It's a much better feeling, guys. It's a much better feeling than having to feel like you're doing this all the time. So, what I'm asking for you, and begging of you is to continue to do your workouts, continue to show up. 

While the lazy asses continue to do nothing, you be proud of yourself for doing what you're doing, but let's take it up another level now. Let's start worrying about the other 23 hours because they matter. They matter a lot. As you can see, when you compare them to the time you spend training and in the gym, it's a really lopsided balance right there. All this extra time can do a lot to undo this little time that you spend training. I want to make sure that you guys can focus on something. Again, I don't care what style of eating it is. It doesn't have to be mine. Whatever works for you, but make sure it works for a lifetime. If you guys found this to be a little bit of a wakeup call, then good. But most of all, I want you to know that you can get there. You can do this, guys. Again, I stand up here 365 days a year making sure that I can practice what I preach. People say "Jeff, why do you do your videos with your shirt off?" Because I want to prove to you guys I'm not a phony, I know what it takes, I know how to make it work, and I know how to make it simple. I say it all the time. At ATHLEANX.com, in our ATHLEANX training system, the program that I designed, and the program that I live, the program that I breathe; it works and it works for a lifetime. I'd like to be able to have all you guys find that same level of consistency, but it doesn't have to be through that program, okay? You can find whatever works for you. I just want to see you get to that point that you're happy with where you're at.

I am just someone who likes to write,especially writing about diet programs. Thanks For Reading My Blog

 
Back To Top