Monday, March 28, 2016

How To: Elsa's Coronation Hairstyle Disney's FROZEN | Pretty Hair is Fun

Hi it's Shaunell from Pretty Hair is Fun, and today we are going to do something really fun........ if your girls are like mine, they are probably obsessed right now with the movie Frozen. All around my house, all you hear is songs being sung and imitations being done of the characters, so today we have a little treat. We are going to do a hairstyle from the movie Frozen. And who are we going to do? Elsa's Hairstyle. We are going to do Elsa's hair from the coronation. So let's get started! First to begin with we want to show you this thing we've made. It's a ribbon, and it's tied onto a bobby pin, and it's approximately the length of her hair, from her shoulder down. So if you want to add in a ribbon, like it is on the movie, then you can prepare one of these. 


So to begin with, I'm going to part her hair here on the side, I've already started it. And then once you've reached about two inches back, you will start curving it toward the side, and this is going to wrap around the back side of her head, and then I'll keep bringing it back until the middle of her neck. So you can see how that's parted. That will leave this side free. I'm going to clip this section off to get that out of the way. To begin with, I'm going to hairspray this hair up here on top, to hold down some flyaways, and to give her hair more texture, since her hair is very slippery. Not required, but what I do to help with their slick hair. So I will comb this down, and reclip this tighter. We'll be braiding this hair, so I don't want this in there. 


To begin we will do a twist braid in this section of her hair. To start the twist braid we'll part off this section on top, split it in half, and begin twisting it. This can be as loose or as tight as you want. And I'm only adding in hair from one side. You can see I've pulled it all the way to the back, then I twist, and I'll continue adding in hair from the one side. Elsa had bangs in the movie, so that is the one thing we are missing, but we didn't want to cut bangs, just for this hairstyle. Not today, right? So keep adding in the hair that you've parted off, and follow that line down behind her ear. My sections that I'm pulling up are getting smaller and thinner. Once you are about right here (behind her ear) you can pull all the rest of the hair up and add it in. I'm going to tighten this right here. I don't like the loose parts. It's easier to fix it while you are doing it, than fix it after. Once you get down here, I'm going to stop right there, I'm going to put an elastic in right here. Be careful not to pull on her baby hairs at the back. This doesn't have to be perfect, as it will get wrapped into her hair. This is the point where if you want to add in a ribbon, you can take that ribbon on your bobby pin and tuck it down inside her ponytail. Moving to the next section --comb the hair. In the movie, she had this section, very full of volume, and it stuck out from her head.

So if you want to add that to the hair, you can backcomb, starting from the farthest section away, and just rat a little bit, add some hairspray, and move to another section. Don't drop your comb. Just rat. Of course if you don't like this idea, you don't have to do it. I'm not a huge fan of ratting the hair, because I don't like to try to get it out later. It does work for this hairstyle, however. If you want to look just like Elsa. I'll do one more section. I won't do the last section, just one more. Let that dry a little bit. Then come back here to the front, and lightly comb that surface of the front, which I will spray a little more. You'll be pulling this hair to the side in the back. Without ruining your teasing, comb it smooth, and pull it over to where her twist braid ponytail is. Now she has a little more volume here, than normal. 

When you have it here to this point, grab the twist braid ponytail, twist the hair in the back first, and pull them together, and you are going to twist these in the same direction, and hide that bobby pin. As you twist, you will twist it up, and make a rosette with the hair and the ribbon, so try to get your ribbon to pop out while you do it. As you twist, you will be twisting around the hair, and dont' worry if it's not a perfect circle, you can fix that with bobby pins. Once you have it here, to this stage, flatten it out and take a bobby pin and pin the bun to her head. You can also attach that ribbon to the elastic that finished off her french twist braid, if that's easier for you. Flatten it out like you like, and it that's too loose, you can reposition, that's what we do. Sometimes the ribbon gets in the way, which is why you might not want to do it all the time. And, she is a princess! Elsa's Coronation Hairstyle from the Disney movie Frozen. Do you feel like a princess? Good. :

I am just someone who likes to write,especially writing about diet programs. Thanks For Reading My Blog

 
Back To Top