Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Disney Star Darlings SCARLET Makeup Tutorial

Hi everyone! My friends at Disney have sponsored today's video, which is all about their new series, Star Darlings! I have been so hooked on this series because it's all about girl empowerment and positivity and dreaming big, all things that I strive to bring into my own life every day. I am getting so attached to all of the characters so far, but my favorite character of all is Scarlet. I find Scarlet especially relatable because growing up, I always felt like a bit of an outcast which Scarlet is too. She isn't like the other girls and that's okay! She embraces that and celebrates her individuality and is so confident in herself and her wish-granting abilities. And of course, I love her punky style! She is just so cool! So let's get started with today's Star Darlings transformation!.


To start off this transformation, I am going to put in pink contacts to get eyes like Scarlet. Next up is my base makeup, which is foundation, concealer, and powder. Starting with my foundation, I apply it all over my face and then blend it all in with a damp beauty blender. And once we're all blended, it is time to move on to concealer! I put concealer under my eyes to hide any dark circles and blend it in with my finger. Then I set my base makeup with a translucent powder to lock it all in place. To get this colorful look rockin' and rollin', I'm going to kick off with my eyebrows.


Using a pink eyeshadow, I am filling them in. Scarlet's makeup, specifically her eyebrows, eyeliner, and lip color, vary a little bit between the books and the animated series. I'm doing her look from the book, but if you want to do the animated series, you'll go with more of a purple-y burgundy color for each of those things. Scarlet's eyeshadow is pretty soft. There aren't any sharp edges on it. It's just a pink color that starts off strong and blends out nicely. So to achieve this look, I'm starting by laying down a bright pink on the bottom half of my lid first.

Then I am taking a lighter pink on a big fluffy brush and blending the top edge of the hot pink shadow out. After that's blended, I will add a natural highlight color below my brows. She doesn't have any kind of dramatic pop of color there, so just something simple works great! When I am recreating animated characters, I like to use liquid eyeliner to be able to get that crisp, clean line that they usually have lining their eyes. Scarlet's is purple so using a purple liquid liner, I line my upper lash line with a pretty thick line. I also line my lower lash line all the way across, connecting both the inner corner and outer corner together with the top eyeliner. Then I curl my lashes to get them looking their best before coating them in purple mascara. Colored mascara shows up great on lighter lashes like mine, but if your lashes are darker, you may need to prime them with a white primer first to get it to show up. Then I apply falsies to make my eyes look even bigger and more cartoony. I also put that purple mascara on these false lashes too to help blend them with my natural lash and just to turn them purple! Scarlet has super cute rosy cheeks with freckles!.

So I am adding some blush to my face, focusing the most color right on the apples of my cheeks. Then using a light brown bronzer and a teeny tiny brush, I make little freckles across my cheek and nose. It's always helpful to have a reference photo nearby so that you can see what hers look like while applying them to your face. Whether you are using a bronzer like me, or an eyeshadow, or an eyebrow pencil, or liner, or anything, you can lighten it up by tapping on the top of the freckle with your finger. This helps it blend in a little better and makes it look a little bit more natural. And now we are almost done with makeup! It is time to add some color to our lips! I am using a natural pink color to line my lips first. I picked this color because it doesn't really draw much attention and can be easily covered up. I am just using a lip liner to keep my lip glosses from sliding outside of my lip line, not to add any colors to this specific look so something subtle like this is perfect. Scarlet's lip color in the book is purple with a pink shine on the bottom lip. To achieve that look, I'm using the lighter color first, which for this look is bright pink. So I put that down where I want it on the center of my bottom lip. Then I add the darker color which is purple! I put the purple across my whole top lip, and then along the bottom right up to where the pink stops.

To blend the two together on my bottom lip, I just tap the area in between the two colors with my finger. This transfers enough of the product to blend the two colors together. Now let's talk hair! To create Scarlet's signature hair style, I started off with a pink bob. I begin by cutting in her sideburns first because it's the only part of the styling process that really needs to be on my head to do it right. This way I can make sure the sideburns are the right length for my face. After that, everything else can be done on a Styrofoam head. To give the hair the purple streaks that Scarlet's hair has, I will be using colored hairspray, aluminum foil, and a hair dryer. I start by pulling up a section of hair that I want to streak. Then I lay the aluminum foil down to protect the hair underneath it from being blasted with purple hairspray. I clip the foil to the hair just because I don't want to hold it, but if it's easier for you to hold it, go for it. Then separate a few chunks of hair. I'm going to break this section up into three pieces. I take the middle piece and clip it up out of the way because I want that one to stay pink. If I did them all purple, it would just be a big purple clump of hair instead of streaks, so make sure you leave some pink.

Once I have my pieces all separated, I start covering them with purple hairspray. Remember that hair spray is made for real human hair, so it may not stick to the synthetic fibers of a wig right away. I will usually spray generous amount and then work the color through the hair with my fingers until it looks fully coated. Then I use a hair dry on a low setting to dry the hair spray. After the first round is colored and then dried, I will add another layer of purple spray to add some more pigment to the hair. The more layers you do, the darker the color gets. And always remember to dry the spray in between each layer. After it's all dry, you can remove the aluminum foil. Look at those streaks! They will stay that dark and pigmented if you don't brush them out, but remember you're using hair spray. So they will be crunchy and hard and they won't move like normal hair unless you comb them out. For me, I'm willing to lose a little color to have the texture match the rest of the hair, so I comb them out gently. And those are the general steps for streaking a wig! Then I trim the front of the wig to match Scarlet's hair cut, then color it, dry it, comb it, and pin it into the little swooshy bit that her hair does. Using freeze spray, I hold all of that in place and leave it all clipped how I want it until I'm ready to wear the wig.

To prep my hair for the wig, I just pull it all back, put on a wig cap, and slide the wig on! Release all of the clips and take out the ponytail and ta daaaa! Scarlet hair! Hmm, it still seems like we're missing something though... Oh! Glitter!!! Of course! The finishing touch will be to add some sparkles to the hair and face! I'm also going to give myself a little glitter highlight right on my cheek like Scarlet has in this promo shot! It just looks so cute and extra sparkly! I love it! Sketch out a white base on your cheek with a pencil liner or highlighter pencil, and then apply glitter in a little sparkle pattern on top of that! And now you're ready to head off to Starling Academy! Thank you so much for watching this Star-charmed Star Darlings makeup tutorial! I hope you loved it! If you did, give it a thumbs up and subscribe to my channel to see more! Big thanks to Disney for making this video happen. If you want to see more Star Darlings, check out their YouTube channel linked here and in the description box below. Disney also has books and dolls and even an app for all you Star Darlings lovers out there! And I would love to hear in the comments below which of the Star Darlings is your favorite,

I am just someone who likes to write,especially writing about diet programs. Thanks For Reading My Blog

 
Back To Top