Sunday, March 20, 2016

Work Out Meal Plan Prep (GOOD, FAST, CHEAP!)

Back in the old Xbox, getting up close and personal here, a couple new elements in this video - or maybe old elements - but it's to underscore a certain point here. That is: life is a little bit bumpy at the moment for me. For those that don't know, I've actually been expecting a baby now for quite a few months, we're getting toward the end of the line here, but one baby turned into two. So now we have two babies coming, but along the way - like I said - a bump in that road has thrown my whole life into a little bit of an uproar. 


However, I've always said, and I've been a firm believer in the fact that you'd still better find a way to address your own health if you're going to be worth a damn for the people that actually need you. So if that means working out a little bit later than usual then so be it. If that means working out with less equipment than you're used to because you can't get to the gym then so be it. If that means figuring out a way to get your meals prepared in a different way than you're used to, to remain consistent with your plan then so be it. 

So for me, I do just that and I actually have a pretty good tip for you who find yourselves in these situations sometimes because my situation isn't unique. It might be unique for me, but there's other people out there that are dealing with things that are just as cumbersome to their daily life and leading it the way they want because you have to serve other people other than yourself. So for me, when it comes to my meals, what I do is, I go to the catering menu. Here's my big tip. Are you ready? If you're to go into somewhere like a Whole Foods, you go in there and they have a whole buffet laid out and you could pick out your fish, you could pick out grilled chicken, you could pick out sweet potatoes; whatever you want, you could pick them all out. You can buy that meal and you're going to pay through the nose for it. 

I can guarantee you. A lot of these places - I'm lucky to have a place called Stu Leonard's around me which is amazing - but a lot of these places like Whole Foods will have a catering option. So you can get a bunch of this stuff cooked in bulk. The biggest thing you have to realize is that the price will come way down when you're buying in bulk for 12 to 15 people. Guess who the 12 to 15 people are going to be? It's going to be you. You're going to get about 12 to 15 meals out of that and the thing you have to realize is, you can freeze almost anything and preserve its quality. You can freeze cooked, grilled chicken very easily and it will preserve its quality. Fish, not so much. You can freeze soups. You can freeze sweet potatoes very, very easily. You can buy all this stuff in bulk and then freeze them. You can partition them however you want. Throw them in some Tupperware containers and then put them away. Then you have enough to last you for a very long time at a much more reasonable price than going out and trying to buy it as they would charge you on a meal by meal basis. So that's one of the quick tips that I use. Now, here's the big thing I want you to take way from when it comes to what choice you might make. That's not the choice that might be available for everybody. 

Everybody's decisions come down to three elements, okay? They come down to being good, fast, and cheap. Every one of us gets to choose two of those three elements. If you want good and fast - which is what I opted for - it ain't going to be cheap, right? Even though I'm saving a lot of money by choosing from the catering menu versus the meal by meal buying and paying full rate through the nose for that meal, it's still not going to be cheap. We're talking about $3 or $4 per meal or so. That could add up for those that are on a budget. If you want good and cheap that can certainly happen, too. It's just going to require a lot more work and meal prep. You can buy all the vegetables that you want and then clean them yourselves and cut them yourselves and prepare them yourselves. There's a lot of extra steps involved in there, but you do have a much cheaper way to do this, it's just more time consuming; it's not going to be fast. But if you want fast and cheap, you know what that means? It's not really going to be very good. That means you could go anywhere you want. You can go to all the fast food places that you want, but you're probably not going to get the quality nutrition that you need. 

The key is, you've got to have a game plan if you're going to stay on top of your game in these times of unrest. This isn't really unrest, this is life. Things get thrown at you all the time. You have to have the ability to say "Hey, I'm not going to allow myself to crumble under the pressure of life. I have to make sure that I have a game plan to keep myself healthy, and to keep myself strong so those that actually do require my help can actually count on me for it." This is how I handle it in times of trouble here, for me, when I've got to get my meals done and I don't want to fall off the cliff and I want you guys to figure out whatever way works best for you. The key is - I hope this video at least opens up a little bit of what's going on in my life so I can show you and hopefully inspire you to figure out a way to get to whatever it is that's going on in your life and make sure you stick to your plan. All right, guys. I'll meet you back here in another couple of days with some more videos. I'm going to do my best to keep bringing you the consistent content. It might just be a little bit scaled back from what it might be from time to time to make sure I can still do that. All right. I hope to see you guys here again soon. Leave your comments and thumbs up below, let me know what you want to see and I'll do my best to bring it to you here in the coming weeks

I am just someone who likes to write,especially writing about diet programs. Thanks For Reading My Blog

 
Back To Top