Sunday, March 13, 2016

Pantone Colors | Water Marble Marble | Nail Art Tutorial

Today will be working on this water marble using the Pantone colors of the year, to kick off Water Marble March. so if you'd like to see how I did it, just stay tuned! Starting out with clean, dry nails, I'm going to go ahead and apply my base coat. Today I'm using Ready For Takeoff, since I will be changing my manicure pretty frequently, since it's the start of Water Marble March, and I really want to get a lot of videos this month. You can use whichever base coat you prefer. So, for those who don't know there are two Pantone colors this year: Rose Quartz and Serenity. For Rose Quartz I'm using Sally Hansen Tickled Pink, and for Serenity I'm using Sally Hansen Babe Blue. For my base color I'm going to be using just the Rose Quartz; I was a little bit concerned it might turn the blue to more of a purple, but during my testing that wasn't a problem, so I decided to go with this over just like a plain white. I'm going to go ahead and build my bullseye. 

Pantone Colors | Water Marble Marble | Nail Art Tutorial

As usual I'm working in a small cup of room temperature filtered water, and as I mentioned earlier I'm using Tickled Pink and Babe Blue. And I'm just going to ... actually I think I'm going to run my tool around the side here, that will help it to spread a little bit, and then continue building my bullseye. And once I get that done, I'm just going to go ahead and drawn in a simple flower pattern. And how wide or how skinny you make the petals is completely up to you. 


Once you're done, go ahead and just make sure that center is clean, no goobers of polish, then I'm going to be dipping my index and ring finger together, and I'm just going to line them up next to each other. Sometimes I'll even go ahead and stick them together intentionally, so that they don't accidentally stick where I don't want them. And then dip into the design. You can see it's kind of dried enough that it's almost cleaning itself up, but just make sure any extra bits are cleaned up or out of the way before you pull your fingers out. And there's the marble design. 

I don't think I mentioned, but I do have my nails prepped with Simply Peel. So, let me zoom in a little bit here. I'm just going to go ahead and kind of pull them apart and then start pulling it off. And I've had a couple questions, on whether Simply Peel is really that much better than regular liquid latex, and for me it really is. It is more expensive, so it's going to depend on your personal budget, but you can see it really comes off easy. I'm having a little trouble since they're stuck together here but I can just cut that with a scissors, then I'm going to clean up around my nails, and finish with a top coat. For my top coat as usual I'm using Seche Vite. So here's the finished manicure, and I think these two colors are really true to the Rose Quartz and Serenity Pantone colors. I had a couple others that I was considering. These two swatches, or kind of test strips, I did with the same colors that I used in my Cinderella Gradient, plus a more metallic pink, and that really just wasn't hitting the mark. And then this swatch here is Tickled Pink plus a slightly darker blue. I think this was Sally Hansen Royal Hue. I even considered using two blues, but with the darker blue it just wasn't hitting the Pantone, you know, accuracy. And I think the Babe Blue is so kind of light and pretty that it is really working well. So I'm pretty happy with how this turned out. I'd love to hear what you guys think down in the comments. Stay tuned for Fan Choice Friday coming up at the end of this week, and of course more water marbles all month

I am just someone who likes to write,especially writing about diet programs. Thanks For Reading My Blog

 
Back To Top